1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fragments

Discussion in 'Bugs and Suggestions' started by yussif_10, Dec 27, 2017.

1. yussif_10 New Recruit
    yussif_10

yussif_10 New Recruit

Game Profile
    In the wilderness we fight mobs/bosses to get fragments but since it's only a 3% of 1% chance for a fragment to drop then it is harder to get fragments. The developers should change it to where the chances are higher like 10%-20% for mining, wood, and warehouse and 10% for town hall. I see that if you guys make this change the game would be more paced because everyone is stuck on town hall level 1 and are all trying to get fragments. Thank you for reading this and I hope you think about this.

Cybersoap likes this.
  2. Cybersoap New Recruit
    Cybersoap

Cybersoap New Recruit

Game Profile
    I agree with this completely. Fragment drop chances should be raised or Fragments should be nonexistent. It takes way too long to upgrade buildings, and this drives away most new players. Raising the drop chance would attract old members who quit because of over excessive grinding, and make new players stay because they see no problem with killing a few mobs to get the much needed fragments. I love island clash, but the fragments ruin the experience. It turned the game from a fun clash-of-clans style game to a grinding game. However, I feel that either getting rid of fragments or making fragments much more attainable would be very beneficial to the server and to its players.

3. 2400Hours New Recruit
    2400Hours

2400Hours New Recruit

Game Profile
    I agree with this too, the low fragment rates really ruin the game, and take all the fun out of it. Fragments should be removed.

4. StarFox King
    StarFox

StarFox Master Clasher

Game Profile
    I am sorry you feel this way. But We made this happen so we could bring back the challenge. So if you have any concerns Pm Myself or any of the staff. Hope you stay around! ~StarFox

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  5. universal123 Skilled Clasher
    universal123

universal123 Skilled Clasher

Hi StarFox,

I've been doing quite a bit of fragment hunting on the server, and I must say I disagree with your interpretation of 'challenge'. From my perspective, the most challenging mobs are the various skeletons (bandits, weak bandit leader, weak bandit etc), the pirate deckhands (baby zombies), rats (silverfish) and Bigbeard. This is because those mobs require thought and effort to kill, either a team, food to regenerate health, and good teamwork e.g. with Bigbeard one person to bait, perhaps another to kill and maybe another to deal with the deckhands. That is a challenge by itself. Having the fragment chances being as low as they are does not necessarily make it challenging, after all we could lower the fragment chance to 0.1% and make the game more challenging, right? No. You can't do that because at the moment not enough people want to play. I really like the server and so am willing to grind even for a few hours, but when I try to introduce other people to the server, they soon quit because it takes far too long to get fragments. Making the chances so low is artificial difficulty, not challenge.

I have killed Jerry the Dead Miner at least 30 times over the last few days and got a grand total of one mine fragment, this over three or four hours play in total, perhaps more. Three or four hours play, and not even enough to upgrade a single building. The stone and wood required for building upgrades is trivial compared to the fragment grinding, my warehouse is maxed out at level 1, and that took only a couple of hours. I do still like the fragment system, and still think they should be reasonably difficult to get, so I don't think the chances should be as high as some people have suggested.

Jesscada put together a thread showing the fragment chances a few weeks ago (not sure if it is still accurate):

Farmer Ged: 1% each for Mine and Logging Camp
    Jerry the Dead Miner: 3% for Mine
    Angry Farmer: 1% for Warehouse
    Weak Pirate Captain: 3% for Warehouse
    Weak Bandit Leader: 1% for Weaponsmith
    Bandit Leader: 3% for Weaponsmith
    Bigbeard: 3% for Townhall

Here are my suggested changes:

Farmer Ged: 2% each for Mine and Logging Camp
    Jerry the Dead Miner: 6% for Mine
    Angry Farmer: 2% for Warehouse
    Weak Pirate Captain: 4% for Warehouse
    Weak Bandit Leader: 3% for Weaponsmith
    Bandit Leader: 8% for Weaponsmith
    Bigbeard: 10% for Townhall

Essentially, all fragment chances at least double, but for the harder mobs (bandits and Bigbeard), the chance increases a lot to account for the difficulty of those mobs.

TL;DR: the system at the moment has too much 'artificial difficulty', increase fragment chances across the board by around double, more for harder mobs, and challenge should be interesting mobs not grinding for hours.

6. StarFox King
    StarFox

StarFox Master Clasher

Game Profile
    Sorry, but I am not sure they will ever raise the fragment chances. This is because they want it to still be challenging. Hope you stay around for future updates tho!
    ~StarFox

7. jak222pro New Recruit
    jak222pro

jak222pro New Recruit

Game Profile
    buf the fragment drops to 10%

8. Jesscada Administrator
    Jesscada

Jesscada Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Game Profile
    We are working on different ways to get fragments. Raising the drop rate to 10% is not going to happen, to OP. Thank you for the suggestion though.

9. yussif_10 New Recruit
    yussif_10

yussif_10 New Recruit

Game Profile
    I agree with the fact that fragments should be challenging but I would like to know if it is a 1 out of 100 chance of a fragment dropping or is it different. Also I feel that there should be more mobs to kill to get fragments or nerf the already existing mobs such as making their HP lower or their attack damage lower but if you feel that the mobs should be as challenging as it already is then keep it that way.

10. StarFox King
    StarFox

StarFox Master Clasher

Game Profile
    @yussif_10 with new updates (when they come out) hopefully we will add more mobs that drop different fragments or different way to get them. Thanks for you're suggestion and I am pretty sure that it will be challenging still. ~StarFox

11. yussif_10 New Recruit
    yussif_10

yussif_10 New Recruit

Game Profile
    That is good news to me. :D

12. yussif_10 New Recruit
    yussif_10

yussif_10 New Recruit

Game Profile
    @StarFox Why is it that every island can only contain 6 people and that I want to know if there is a way to upgrade the maximum amount of people to join.

13. StarFox King
    StarFox

StarFox Master Clasher

Game Profile
    Please do not tag me since I am no longer a moderator. However, you can upgrade you're townhall with fragments and the loot to get higher slots. Th lvl 1 only holds 2. lvl 2 holds 12 i think or 9. Etc.

14. Jesscada Administrator
    Jesscada

Jesscada Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Game Profile
    Yussif_10 Lv 1 TH gives 6 member slots. Lv 2 9 member slots and adds 3 slots per island level as you go.