A message from God [Anti-Cheat and Staff Incompetence].

God

Dear incompetent moderation, dear staff.

I would like to ask you to kindly stop reviewing hack reports on your server called Island Clash. You do not know how the minecraft pvp / combat mechanics work and only go off by what others say. First and foremost, I’d like to connote the rules of hackustating. Saying someone is hacking is not allowed without proof, yet, I have come into voice-chat (different alts in different discord’s. Yes, I’m in your discord’s Frag Squad, Vendetta, Imperium, Soulfire, Ascendants, Stronghold), hearing your staff members who are apart of these islands slur out hackustations onto other players. Sadly, my computer audio recording didn’t set off so nothing can “back” this claim and is void, just wanted to put it out there.

Staff on this server don’t have the experience to justify who is hacking and who isn’t. They see a report; they think something is fishy and then ban them. However, most case scenarios, the guy isn’t hacking. Blatant hacks such as kill aura (with head snaps) or flying, etcetc, is fine. On the contrary, when you begin to ban for stupid things such as reach ‘because he could hit me whilst I was running’ and speed ‘because he ran away from me too quickly to the point I can’t catch up’. That’s annoying. First and foremost, this is 1.9 version with 1.8 implementation in terms of PVP. The reach is 2.99-3 blocks whilst walking (badlion reach detector used). My friend was banned for using reach but the staff realised after using their head and gaining knowledge on the minecraft mechanics he wasn’t reaching and unbanned him. Also, speed hacks? Apparently the staff forget that speed potion exist and just use their half-working brain to make decisions.

There is a lot of staff bias in terms of islands. How everyone views the reports right now is: the top islands just reported someone from hacking so THEY MUST BE HACKING! Let’s ban them! (Literally the case with my friend. Second false ban and it took them 29 hours to unban). No, that’s not how it works. If you could have just gotten an anti-cheat.

Thirdly, the annoying staff member forces you to write an appeal without listening to you in DMs. I can provide screenshots of an unprofessional staff member (LadyBeth) showing an egotistical response, saying in a rather crude tone to make an appeal. Also, why are you not telling people why they are banned and why are you not showing the proof of them being banned? Privacy reasons? Half the server spams hackustations on the server it doesn’t matter at all. You literally ban people for hacks and when they ask for what hack, you show them a middle finger and don’t provide any evidence or tell them what hack they were apparently using. Same case for my friend. Why does the hacker have to show proof he isn’t hacking through recordings when you can easily show proof of the evidence to see if it was actually legit? I would, these staff can’t even make ban decisions properly.

You delayed two days of our friend with a false ban and f'ed us over in several wars (even though we somehow survived and got better).

Fix your stuff and get an anti-cheat before I put you on a rickshaw with Vyrewatch and you can drift away to Dehli.

Amen.

Christ

The system is broken because I record most my fights, but say somebody reports me and staff don't tell me which fight against who. How am I supposed to pull the evidence that I was not hacking. Give me some way to back myself. I should be innocent until proven guilty, not guilty and try and find a reason as to why i'm guilty then find evidence as to why i'm innocent.

I hackusate in private discord (I am in Frag Squad) all the time. I only report if it was blatant, though, like fly or head snaps, because even though sometimes people have suspicious PvP I give them the benefit of the doubt.

Definitely agree that they need an AntiCheat, even a basic one. I record quite frequently but not all the time. Perhaps I should all the time.

Two reasons:

People used to hack a ton on old IC, and so people are sorta on edge (also due to competitiveness)

Because of 1.9 combat, hit registration/bow use is delayed or weird, so accusation is common.

I don't agree with the general negativity in this thread, but I can understand how the current lack of transparency with regards to player bans would make people worried. I think that making the reports section of the forums public and documenting ALL bans (including those made by staff in game, though in a shorter format) would allay a lot of the fears of the player base, as well as allow people to track the records of others when recruiting.
This would also allow players to post proof of their innocence if the need arose.

dasadavid

Admin
Staff member
I don't agree with the general negativity in this thread, but I can understand how the current lack of transparency with regards to player bans would make people worried. I think that making the reports section of the forums public and documenting ALL bans (including those made by staff in game, though in a shorter format) would allay a lot of the fears of the player base, as well as allow people to track the records of others when recruiting.
This would also allow players to post proof of their innocence if the need arose.
Wouldn't proof of innocence just be the fact they're not banned?

Wouldn't proof of innocence just be the fact they're not banned?
I meant that as a more public ban appeal that directly refutes the report:

Example report thread:
Clip of suspicious reach and a lack of knockback by a player.
Player gets banned.
Player finds the thread and posts their POV of the same fight (perhaps they were lagging) and shows that they didn't use a hacked client.
Player gets unbanned.

This sort of transparency allows for a lot more confidence in the system and while I personally haven't ever had bad experiences with any server admins so I've never had to do this, I don't see why people shouldn't have the opportunity to and generally having a system like this is likely to reassure those who hear about 'unfair bans' and 'mod/admin/dev abuse' second or third hand.

Edit: Just wanted to add that making a system like this places a greater burden of proof on the staff which means it will take more of their time to ban someone but make sure that those who get banned deserve it and quell any arguments within the community... Obviously it has both benefits and drawbacks and ultimately staff has to decide which is best for them but I think the lack of complaints from players would likely make up for the added time investment necessary.