A through out guide for Island Clash Newcomers

Greetings,

==Introduction==

My Name is MrKolf, an old Island Clash that has been played for two years till the closed down of the server.
I have recently discover the fact that the server was reopened in December, soon I've been playing this and gained some important facts that I would like to share in this thread today.

==Features lost==

First of all, I am going to account for the features that might not work in the classic version.

1. Woodcutter no longer use to chop plank from logs
2. Warcamp no longer function
3. You can no longer enchant stuff by dragging the enchantment book to your tools or amour
4. You can no longer chop trees within the map
5. You can no longer visit the wilderness
6. Gold bonus feature no longer function
7. Experience gained from chopping woods and digging stones no longer function

==Warfare==

Like most of us, you would not join Island Clash just digging stones for hours alone in your island. Warfare is the major part of the game! Here is a brief explain to the warfare system of Island Clash, so that you can win every battle with strength and tactic.

You can see 3 stars above your inventory bar after the start of the battle. These 3 stars represent :
1. Townhall collapsed
2. Advantage Kills
3. Mine, Logging Camp, Warehouse collapsed

For attackers,
Star 3 is the most easiest for attackers because defenders usually aimed at protecting the townhall and the surroundings. Mine and Logging Camp are too far from their range of defence, thus they are vulnerable from attack. You can aim for these two structure first, then Warehouse. Secondly, try to gain a upper hand in PvP, get as much kills as you can. If not, just rush and try to destroy the townhall.

For defenders,
Although often out numbered by the attackers, defenders have upper hand according to the system. In the first senerio, If the attackers out number you or tie, try to get an advantage on kills, then protect the townhall. This strategy retain at least 2 stars for you, ensure that you can win although being out numbered. In the second senerio, you out numbered the attackers, try to prevent the falling of those three structure.

==Shopping==

Shopping inside the island is another big topic you have to learn. Because as your level rises, the cost of the item increases drastically.
For example,
Item Gold
Wood Pick/Axe 2
Stone Pick/Axe 15
Iron Pick/Axe 50
Diamond Pick/Axe 150

-Type of Axe worthwhile to buy-

This depends on the number of wood, efficiency, price and durability. My recommendation is Diamond > Stone > Wood > Iron. Diamond has the highest price ( cost 300 ), but it has the highest efficiency and durability ( about 1562 ), according to calculation the axe can create 631 gold per purchase (Wood 26 / Stone 50.5 /Iron 75), thus it is the most cost effective for Logging Camp Tier IV. If you have Logging Camp Tier III or lower, Stone axe might be a better choice. Although Stone axe has lower efficiency and durability than Iron axe. Stone axe is only 33% slower than Iron axe and have decent durability. Hence, the price performance ratio of Stone axe is better than Iron axe.

-Comparison of Wood,Iron and Stone axe-
Subject Iron Stone Wood
Breaking 5s / 7.5s / 15s
Time
Durability 250 / 131 / 59

-Type of Pickaxe worthwhile to buy-

Hard to give suggestion because the mine was a combination of different ores*. My recommendation is Diamond > Iron/Stone > Wood. Wood Pickaxe will be the less efficient because it can only mine coal in normal speed. Iron pickaxe will have a slight advantage because mining gold ores will be faster than earn more stone. But if you are lack of gold, Stone pickaxe will be your best choice because it is the most durable and efficient with cheap price. Diamond Pickaxe will be the best option as it has every benefit except for price, also you got a bonus by mining Lapis Lazuli ( They appear only in short period of time! )

-Comparison of Wood, Stone Pickaxe-
Subject Iron Stone Wood
( Breaking
Time )
Coal Ore 0.75 / 1.15 / 2.25

Iron Ore 0.75 / 1.15 / 7.5

Gold Ore 0.75 / 3.75 / 7.5

-Enchantment-

After Tools, Armory is another major place you will spend your gold on. Different amour have different pros and cons. The focus will be on enchantments^.
People often focus on enchantment when they have same armour set with the enemies. But some enchantment does nothing rather than wasting your precious gold for more weapon and potions.
Remember, You should not buy PROTECTION and UNBREAKING for your armour.
( Warning: The follow research was only taken place on Diamond armours )
I have done a short research on PROTECTION and I have found out that Protection III for diamond pieces only give you 6 more damage defense to your armour pieces ( Diamond Chestplate: 140 -> 146 ) while the book cost 200 gold. Although I haven't yet test the Diamond pieces with Unbreaking III ( No gold :p ), the book cost me 400 gold which is equivalent to 1.6 Diamond chestplate ( 250 per chest ), so it is not worthwhile to buy these two books. ( According to the data from another thread, Unbreaking will reduce the erosion to your durability, Unbreaking III will give 35% more durability to your diamond armour. Absoulutely no worth it! )

I suggest buying SHARPNESSS and POWER because they give significant boost to your sword and bow. (e.g. Diamond sword 7 -> 10.8/ Bow 9 -> 14 )

These are some of my personal views and experience, please feel free to know more new informations or any dificiencies about this article.

*Mining different ores give you different amounts of stones: Coal 1/Iron 2/Gold 4/Lapis Lazuli 8/RedStone 0 ( Lapis Lazuli might appear randomly within the Redstone block)
^Pay attention that the rules for enchantment have changed. Now Enchantment Books with level I/II/III can only enchant FULL-DURABILITY armour of leather or Chain/Iron/Diamond respectively. Wrong enchantment books or broken armour set cannot be enchanted (e.g. iron chestplate with unbreaking I )

Last edited:
Greetings,

==Introduction==

My Name is MrKolf, an old Island Clash that has been played for two years till the closed down of the server.
I have recently discover the fact that the server was reopened in December, soon I've been playing this and gained some important facts that I would like to share in this thread today.

==Features lost==

First of all, I am going to account for the features that might not work in the classic version.

1. Woodcutter no longer use to chop plank from logs
2. Warcamp no longer function
3. You can no longer enchant stuff by dragging the enchantment book to your tools or amour
4. You can no longer chop trees within the map
5. You can no longer visit the wilderness
6. Gold bonus feature no longer function
7. Experience gained from chopping woods and digging stones no longer function

==Warfare==

Like most of us, you would not join Island Clash just digging stones for hours alone in your island. Warfare is the major part of the game! Here is a brief explain to the warfare system of Island Clash, so that you can win every battle with strength and tactic.

You can see 3 stars above your inventory bar after the start of the battle. These 3 stars represent :
1. Townhall collapsed
2. Advantage Kills
3. Mine, Logging Camp, Warehouse collapsed

For attackers,
Star 3 is the most easiest for attackers because defenders usually aimed at protecting the townhall and the surroundings. Mine and Logging Camp are too far from their range of defence, thus they are vulnerable from attack. You can aim for these two structure first, then Warehouse. Secondly, try to gain a upper hand in PvP, get as much kills as you can. If not, just rush and try to destroy the townhall.

For defenders,
Although often out numbered by the attackers, defenders have upper hand according to the system. In the first senerio, If the attackers out number you or tie, try to get an advantage on kills, then protect the townhall. This strategy retain at least 2 stars for you, ensure that you can win although being out numbered. In the second senerio, you out numbered the attackers, try to prevent the falling of those three structure.

==Shopping==

Shopping inside the island is another big topic you have to learn. Because as your level rises, the cost of the item increases drastically.
For example,
Item Gold
Wood Pick/Axe 2
Stone Pick/Axe 15
Iron Pick/Axe 50
Diamond Pick/Axe 150

-Type of Axe worthwhile to buy-

This depends on the number of wood, efficiency, price and durability. My recommendation is Diamond > Stone > Wood > Iron. Diamond has the highest price ( cost 300 ), but it has the highest efficiency and durability ( about 1562 ), according to calculation the axe can create 631 gold per purchase (Wood 26 / Stone 50.5 /Iron 75), thus it is the most cost effective for Logging Camp Tier IV. If you have Logging Camp Tier III or lower, Stone axe might be a better choice. Although Stone axe has lower efficiency and durability than Iron axe. Stone axe is only 33% slower than Iron axe and have decent durability. Hence, the price performance ratio of Stone axe is better than Iron axe.

-Comparison of Wood,Iron and Stone axe-
Subject Iron Stone Wood
Breaking 5s 7.5s 15s
Time
Durability 250 131 59

-Type of Pickaxe worthwhile to buy-

Hard to give suggestion because the mine was a combination of different ores*. My recommendation is Diamond > Iron/Stone > Wood. Wood Pickaxe will be the less efficient because it can only mine coal in normal speed. Iron pickaxe will have a slight advantage because mining gold ores will be faster than earn more stone. But if you are lack of gold, Stone pickaxe will be your best choice because it is the most durable and efficient with cheap price. Diamond Pickaxe will be the best option as it has every benefit except for price, also you got a bonus by mining Lapis Lazuli ( They appear only in short period of time! )

-Comparison of Wood, Stone Pickaxe-
Subject Iron Stone Wood
( Breaking
Time )
Coal Ore 0.75 1.15 2.25

Iron Ore 0.75 1.15 7.5

Gold Ore 0.75 3.75 7.5

-Enchantment-

After Tools, Armory is another major place you will spend your gold on. Different amour have different pros and cons. The focus will be on enchantments^.
People often focus on enchantment when they have same armour set with the enemies. But some enchantment does nothing rather than wasting your precious gold for more weapon and potions.
Remember, You should not buy PROTECTION and UNBREAKING for your armour.
( Warning: The follow research was only taken place on Diamond armours )
I have done a short research on PROTECTION and I have found out that Protection III for diamond pieces only give you 6 more damage defense to your armour pieces ( Diamond Chestplate: 140 -> 146 ) while the book cost 200 gold. Although I haven't yet test the Diamond pieces with Unbreaking III ( No gold :p ), the book cost me 400 gold which is equivalent to 1.6 Diamond chestplate ( 250 per chest ), so it is not worthwhile to buy these two books.

I suggest buying SHARPNESSS and POWER because they give significant boost to your sword and bow. (e.g. Diamond sword 7 -> 10.8/ Bow 9 -> 14 )

These are some of my personal views and experience, please feel free to know more new informations or any dificiencies about this article.

*Mining different ores give you different amounts of stones: Coal 1/Iron 2/Gold 4/Lapis Lazuli 8/RedStone 0 ( Lapis Lazuli might appear randomly within the Redstone block)
^Pay attention that the rules for enchantment have changed. Now Enchantment Books with level I/II/III can only enchant FULL-DURABILITY armour of leather or Chain/Iron/Diamond respectively. Wrong enchantment books or broken armour set cannot be enchanted (e.g. iron chestplate with unbreaking I )
Very awesome & thorough guide, thanks for the hard work, will surely help many.

Will personally bookmark it.