Launch

Beth

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Hey everyone,

We will be shutting down the server tonight to resume tomorrow (please read on).

Our initial estimations for IC launch were anywhere from 150 to 200 players max. We knew we were in trouble when we turned off the server whitelist and within 15 seconds 100 players attempted to join. We 100% appreciate the outstanding support we are receiving so we've made the decision to postpone the launch to make sure we can regroup and re-assess our network structure.

Thank you for understanding that we are all a group of volunteers that all hold the same passion for Island Clash as you do. We all work on Island Clash in our spare time as most of the team already have full time jobs. We couldn't be more thankful for all the support that has been shown today with everyone who has turned up, who previously bought insider and who are buying gems and ranks now.

It is incredible and we are so thankful that after 2 years we can come back and still have all that amazing support. Once we review our systems and make the necessary changes, we'll make sure we make it up to you guys by throwing a big launch party. But our main concern will be making sure we can support the player counts just like the old days.

Please join us tomorrow at 3pm EST (if you're able to) to help stress test the server again and hopefully play for a long time!

- Island Clash team

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for putting this post out there!
It will definitely ease the current situation, especially in the Discord and in-game chats.
IslandClash's re-launch may not have been the best today, but such things like that just happen sometimes. It's alright, though!
Looking forward to a successful server launch! (y)

Last edited:
So Islands are Resetting?
"
Please join us tomorrow at 3pm EST (if you're able to) to help stress test the server again and hopefully play for a long time!
"

And does this mean that the server is having an offical launch tommorow or yall just need help stressing it?

Our initial estimations for IC launch were anywhere from 150 to 200 players max. We knew we were in trouble when we turned off the server whitelist and within 15 seconds 100 players attempted to join. We 100% appreciate the outstanding support we are receiving so we've made the decision to postpone the launch to make sure we can regroup and re-assess our network structure.

i heard something about macface messing up the server drivers or something? can you confirm or deny this i see a lot of messages about this in the ak47 discord i think they are attacking the server

So Islands are Resetting?
"
"

And does this mean that the server is having an offical launch tommorow or yall just need help stressing it?
thats likely i mean its almost impossible for them to stress test it when not expecting over 200 people
its completely understandable. and its feesibly impossible to stress test with that many people when only using staff

i'm so dissapointed in the island clash community if i'm being honest, this server was beloved by all when it was around 2 years ago but it was sadly shut down, it was a unique game mode and for the most part fairly popular and now after a 2 year break it's back with overwhelming support, so much support in fact that the servers couldnt handle it and they went down, and now they are delaying the release by ONE DAY because of it and people are being rude to the staff for example i saw "f u" from a member, "yikes, this is dissapointing bud" from another, "we waited so long and you postpone it? BRUH!" and a few more, now i'm not saying i'm not dissapointed in the server being temporarily shut down because i am but every single one of the staff members and devs are volunteers and none of the money is going into their pockets it's all going into the server to help run it properly, most of the friends that i have today i met from Island Clash, we where all hyped for the rerelease of it today at 3pm est and while dissapointed we where (or i was atleast) still happy with the fact that Island Clash is back because honestly Beth, Jed and the rest of the staff team don't have to bring back Island Clash, they're doing it because they want to and because they know they have the support to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm so dissapointed in the island clash community if i'm being honest, this server was beloved by all when it was around 2 years ago but it was sadly shut down, it was a unique game mode and for the most part fairly popular and now after a 2 year break it's back with overwhelming support, so much support in fact that the servers couldnt handle it and they went down, and now they are delaying the release by ONE DAY because of it and people are being rude to the staff for example i saw "fuck u" from a member, "yikes, this is dissapointing bud" from another, "we waited so long and you postpone it? BRUH!" and a few more, now i'm not saying i'm not dissapointed in the server being temporarily shut down because i am but every single one of the staff members and devs are volunteers and none of the money is going into their pockets it's all going into the server to help run it properly, most of the friends that i have today i met from Island Clash, we where all hyped for the rerelease of it today at 3pm est and while dissapointed we where (or i was atleast) still happy with the fact that Island Clash is back because honestly Beth, Jed and the rest of the staff team don't have to bring back Island Clash, they're doing it because they want to and because they know they have the support to do so.
we live in a society

i'm so dissapointed in the island clash community if i'm being honest, this server was beloved by all when it was around 2 years ago but it was sadly shut down, it was a unique game mode and for the most part fairly popular and now after a 2 year break it's back with overwhelming support, so much support in fact that the servers couldnt handle it and they went down, and now they are delaying the release by ONE DAY because of it and people are being rude to the staff for example i saw "fuck u" from a member, "yikes, this is dissapointing bud" from another, "we waited so long and you postpone it? BRUH!" and a few more, now i'm not saying i'm not dissapointed in the server being temporarily shut down because i am but every single one of the staff members and devs are volunteers and none of the money is going into their pockets it's all going into the server to help run it properly, most of the friends that i have today i met from Island Clash, we where all hyped for the rerelease of it today at 3pm est and while dissapointed we where (or i was atleast) still happy with the fact that Island Clash is back because honestly Beth, Jed and the rest of the staff team don't have to bring back Island Clash, they're doing it because they want to and because they know they have the support to do so.
Hey,

I felt rather compelled to reply to this. First things first, I don't condone any individual being rude towards staff members or anyone for that matter, unless the individuals are friends/know eachother well. So by no means am I defending these people with this message. However, for obvious reasons, I believe that people being disappointed in the result of the launch is a perfectly fair statement to make, as it's simply true. Something to be kept in mind though is that the players aren't the only ones that aren't happy with the result, I can assure you that the Staff Members ranging from the moderation team to the ownership team are disappointed with how the day went. Sometimes random things out of their control occur, there isn't much you can do apart from roll with the punches with the scenario that occurred today. Also, it's not fair to sum all of the community members into that message considering a relatively select few were the people sending these messages.